Saturday, July 24, 2010

Vacation Memories

Last week my husband and I, along with Poco our Appaloosa and Sunny Bear our Belgian Draft horse, Hank the Dog and Chloe the Kitten, traveled to Cabin Creek for a week's long vacation.  Gus, our other Draft, stayed home at the "Spa" where Poco is boarded as our three-horse slant is too small to fit everybody in.

Here's some quick pictures of our trip.

You can hear the wind sigh as it blows through the Pine, Fir and Cottonwood trees.  The sky is such a vivid blue against the green of this Cottonwood tree.

On one afternoon I went down to the Creek to sit with my friends.  It was hot and I found them sitting in the creek in their chairs, keeping nice and cool.



I call this my "Gut Cart" because if I use it too often and don't walk, I will get fat(ter).  But it was great for taking my lawn chair down to the creek or driving down to the corral to check on our horses.

The water in the creek is so clear.  In this picture I'm up to my knees in water, yet it looks like its only inches deep.  Clear, cold creek water, feels great on a hot summer day!


My two good friends between me.  Jayne (left) and Lynn (right), who are cousins.  We grew up together, riding horses at Cabin Creek.  Lynn was up with her family on vacation from California.  It's always good to get together with old pals like these two and talk about our crazy younger days!

Sorry, no pictures of the horses.   Kept forgetting to bring my camera to the corral.

We had an issue with unloading Poco who was the last to get out.  He pulled back, snapped his lead rope and fell inside the back of the trailer, flipped outside the trailer and ended upside down in the dirt.  He got up and I easily caught him, grateful to not find any cuts on him.  But my husband was in the trailer during this and received a goose egg and cut on his forehead.

We'd used a divider in the trailer to separate Poco and Sunny.  On our way home we took the divider out, put Sunny in first and Poco in second.  Poco loaded fine and there was no issue unloading him when we got home.  Now that our corral is set up for our horses, I look forward to going back up, seeing friends and riding!






3 comments:

  1. What a great way to have a holiday; pack up the horses, dogs and cats and head out to be with friends. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how wonderful! I'm envisioning me sitting in that creek, too. I so need a vacation. I've not had one in years.
    How wonderful that you could take most of your 4-legged family members, too.

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the best vacation ever!! Except for the trailer accident. Hope your hubby is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete