Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Want My Autograph (Champ), May 1998 - June 2010

Dear Champ,

Thank you for coming into our lives and becoming our daughter's horse, taking her to Paint, Pinto, 4H and schooling shows.











Thank you for your "bling".  It was always fun to see how the judges loved your "bling". 

Thank you for your signature slow jog, so comfortable and smooth that one could drink a cup of tea and not spill a drop.

Thank you for bathing, loading and unloading like a pro.

Thank you for accepting me as your new rider when our daughter moved on in her life.  Yes, there were times I thought you'd kill me, especially when you used to charge me in the round pen, ears back, teeth bared, but we always came to an understanding and continued in peace.

Thank you for your patience in helping me to learn how to ride correctly.  You always tried to do what I was asking, even when I wasn't asking the right way.

Thank you for your smooth haunch turns and side passes.  When people used to watch us ride, it was always fun to pull a few of those off and watch their reactions.

Lastly, thank you for teaching me to become the rider I always wanted to be.  I hoped we could have more time together to sort cows, learn Dressage and go on trail rides but I guess God needed a horse like you up in heaven more then we needed you. 

But never forget this family who loved you with all their hearts and will miss having you down here with us.


5 comments:

  1. I am so, so very sorry for your loss. I wish you and your family peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very sorry to hear this news, wishing all your family and friends peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really really sorry for your loss. But know that he knew you loved him and that you did everything in your power to help him. He is no longer in pain. He appreciated that you were with him for the last part of his journey. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *sucks in breath*

    oh no! I was sure this would end well. I am so so sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Somehow I missed this post . . . I'm so sorry you lost Champ.

    ReplyDelete